The college’s library is well equipped with modern books needed for teaching and learning with a librarian, an assistant and the tutor in-charge of library overseeing the place. It has a sitting capacity of 40 students. The library has in stock about 6,000 volumes of books and journals. The collection covers all subject areas taught in the school. The library is equipped with computers which are connected to the internet for research purposes. The library is opened to all tutors, students and other members of staff who want to use it. Students who wish to borrow books must do so with their library ID cards. However, the library is not opened to the general public.
The Opening Hours
- Mondays – Fridays 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Break 12:00pm-1:00pm
Students should obey library regulations as indicated by the college’s librarian.
- All students are encouraged to use the library resources judiciously and responsibly.
- The following are prohibited in the Library;
- Food and Drink
- Noise making
- Unauthorized visitors
- Use of mobile phones
- Brief cases, bags, etc. should be left with the librarian at the front desk.
- Books consulted in the library shall be left on the desk after use.
The ICT Laboratory
The I.C.T Lab has forty-five computers which are connected to the internet for students’ academic work. The students have maximum access to information that is going to contribute immensely to information required and allowing on-campus access to extensive and up-to-date information.
- Students are encouraged to use the computer judiciously and responsibly.
- Students’ diskettes, pen drives, CD’s should be given the to the I.C.T specialist for scanning before being inserted into the computers.
- In case of difficulty request help from the I.C.T specialist.
- No part of computer should be tempered with.
- Pornographic sites are prohibited.
- Students shall not play music, video games or change the programme or password on the computers.
- Students shall not eat, drink, make noise or disturb other users in anyway in the laboratory.
Skills Acquisition Laboratory
The college has two well-resourced skills laboratory for RGN and RM programmes. Students are taught practical lessons at these skills laboratories and also have the opportunity to practice skills taught.
- All students should make effort to keep the skill laboratory tidy.
- All equipment used should be kept at the appropriate places.
- Any student who wants to borrow any equipment or model from the skills laboratory should go through the official procedure of borrowing.
- All borrowed equipment/anatomical models should be returned at the appropriate time.