The Nursing and Midwifery Training College, 37 Military Hospital a diploma awarding institution holds these beliefs about a person, health, nursing and education:
Is to produce an efficient, effective and disciplined polyvalent nurse.
Goals and Objectives of our Programmes
The knowledge, skills and attitudes would be used to:
- Perform professional functions efficiently and effectively as members of the health team to:
- Meet the needs of the patients, health needs of soldiers, their families, other individuals and the entire community.
- Recognize, manage and where necessary, refer clients or patients to appropriate quarters.
- Contribute to and promote primary healthcare services in the areas of Peacekeeping Operations.
- Carry out community diagnosis, plan, implement and evaluate community programmes towards morbidity prevention, health promotion and rehabilitation services.
- Plan and carry out health education that will be based on health needs of troops and the community in general.
- Exhibit administrative and leadership capabilities in managing healthcare facilities in the various units (Medical Reception Stations (MRS) and the other healthcare units within the various barracks of the Ghana Armed Forces.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving activities in the provision of nursing/midwifery interventions.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for their professional actions.
- Demonstrate commitment to the nursing profession, show interest and enthusiasm in the nursing/midwifery profession.
- Show an understanding of national health policy and its relevance to nursing/midwifery.
- Demonstrate the ability of lifelong learning within a changing society.