- The college recognizes the Student Representative Council as the only legitimate representative organ of the student body.
- The council shall make representation to the authorities of the college on matters affecting the student body and the college as a whole.
- Matters affecting individual students and or classes shall be directed to the respective class tutors, counsellors and coordinators.
- The SRC shall be governed by a constitution promulgated by the principal.
- The SRC shall have patrons through whom all correspondence must be channelled.
- All students are required to FULLY participate in ALL SRC activities.
- Properties belonging to the SRC must be used ONLY for the purpose for which they are acquired or prescribed.
- Students are free to form associations or clubs except where such associations or clubs will interfere in the peace and safety of the institution.
- Application for the formation of a club/society should be forwarded to the Principal through the SRC. The application should state the name of the club or society, names of the founding members/officers and patrons. It should also include the constitution of the club or society and its proposed activities.
- Every approved society/club must have a senior member of the school as its patron.
- Before arrangements are made to invite guest speakers or artist from outside the college to address meetings or give entertainment, a formal written request must be made through the patron. No such invitation should be made until permission is granted by the Principal.
- Societies/clubs whose activities contravene the rules and regulations of the school or breach the peace of the school shall be postponed or banned.
The college has two well-resourced skills laboratory for RGN and RM programmes. Students are taught practical lessons at these skills laboratories and also have the opportunity to practice skills taught.
- All students should make effort to keep the skill laboratory tidy.
- All equipment used should be kept at the appropriate places.
- Any student who wants to borrow any equipment or model from the skills laboratory should go through the official procedure of borrowing.
- All borrowed equipment/anatomical models should be returned at the appropriate time.
Ghana Nurses And Midwives Trainees Association/Students’ Representative Council, Ghana Association of Health Trainig Institutions (GAHTI) GNMTA/SRC
- This is the official mouth piece of the student’s’ body.
- It is a registered association with branches every Health Training Institution.
- They handle students concerns that cannot be resolved by the group prefects.
- Students are to maintain their membership by paying dues